LG Solar: 25 Year Industry Leading Warranty
The LG linear performance warranty of 25 years gives customers peace of mind. Many manufacturers give a 90% output warranty for the 1st 10 years and an 80% output warranty for 25 years. Therefore you can expect the efficiency of lower quality panels to fall after the first 10 years, reducing the power generation capacity of the panel.
LG’s breakthrough technology ensures that after the 1st year, the output is guaranteed at 98% of nameplate capacity. By the 25th year, the panel’s output is still guaranteed at 86% for LG NeON 2 panels and 88.4% for LG NeON R panels. This best in class warranty provides you with the confidence that your panels will perform at a high efficiency.
Update May 2018: LG Solar have now upped the game yet again with a new & improved 25-year product warranty. This is the best in the industry, exceeding the industry average by 15 years!
As a tier one manufacturer of solar panels, LG provides full warranty support under the LG brand. The diversified nature of LG makes the warranty on of the safest in the industry.
The key advantages of LG warranty:
- LG solar panels are manufactured in Gumi, South Korea and is a fully automated solar panel production facility. As a result of the automated processes, every solar panel has to be within hundreds of a millimetre the same as the next.
- LG solar modules have been manufactured with great care and undergo final functionality testing, prior to shipment. The input materials and manufacturing processes are subject to strict quality control and the product testing laboratory has been certified by TUV Rheinland of Germany and Underwriters Laboratories, USA, a first in the solar industry.
- The warranty is provided by LG Electronics subsidiary in Australia. Therefore for any warranty claim, you deal with the LG head office in Eastern Creek, near Sydney, not an overseas company.
- LG provides you with a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty on modules (parts and labour). Being a diversified manufacturer this means LG’s warranty is backed up by multiple income streams, an important factor during the uncertain times of the solar industry.
- Subject to the terms of the warranty document, LG will for a period of 15 years from the date of purchase authorise a free of charge repair or replacement of the module, for a manufacturing defect.
- The warranty also covers labour and transport close to major population areas. LG does not just give you a replacement panel, we make sure it is installed properly.
- LG offers you a transferable warranty, so if you sell your property, the warranty transfers to the new owner.
- LG offers you a 25-year linear output warranty. This is a parts warranty. LG guarantees that for a period of one (1) year from date of purchase the actual power output of the module will be no less than 98% of the labelled power output. By the end of the 25th year, an actual output of at least 86% of the nameplate power out specified on the module will still be achieved.
- LG solar also operates a dealer network across Australia. So in years to come, should your existing solar installer not be in business, there will still be an authorised LG solar dealer taking care of your system. LG calls it the peace of mind proposal.