REC Solar Panels: Scandinavian Quality Right Here In Australia
Founded in Norway in 1996, REC Group is recognised for producing high-quality solar panels with long warranties and excellent reliability.
REC Alpha Pure panels feature REC’s innovative design, with high panel efficiency & power output thanks to top-quality monocrystalline cells. This enables you to get more out of the space available on your roof – helping to lower your energy bills and shorten the payback time through increased yield and lower costs.
The REC Alpha Pure panel has won a number of prestigious awards including the Inter Solar Award in 2020, recognising the Alpha Pure range as the best solar panel on the market globally. Here at Solaray, we offer the 405W Alpha Pure Black module as our top-of-the-range offering.
Everything You Need To Know About REC Solar Panels
- Our Range of REC Solar Panels
- REC Solar Panel Price/Cost
- Solaray Energy are a REC Certified Installer
- REC Solar Panel Review
- REC Solar Panel Warranty
- REC Frequently Asked Questions
Our Range of REC Solar Panels
REC solar panels are widely recognised as the most durable and highest quality panels in Australia. The REC Alpha Pure panel is currently regarded as one of Australia’s best panels by the industry.
REC Alpha Pure 405W Panel
- 21.9% module efficiency
- 20.5 KG
- 25-yr ProTrust product warranty
- 25-yr power output warranty
- 3-part, 3 bypass diodes, lead-free
- 1821 x 1016 x 30 mm (1.85 m2)
- Black anodised aluminium frame
- 3.2 mm solar glass with anti-reflective surface treatment
- 132 half-cut REC heterojunction cells with lead-free, gapless technology, 6 strings of 22 cells in series
REC Solar Panel Price/Cost
The old adage that you get what you pay for certainly rings true in the world of solar. Getting solar done right the first time without cutting corners means selecting the best quality panel for your needs, an installation by reputable installers, and a warranty that actually means something (more on this in our warranty section below).
The other factor you may want to consider is whether or not a smart solar system is right for you. A smart solar system ensures your solar power is working efficiently at all times and is earning you the best return on your investment. It does of course come at an extra cost so you’ll need to consider how that impacts your budget.
As an example, a top of the range 6.6kW REC Alpha Pure system with Enphase Microinverters is around $11,500-$13,000 fully installed. Despite the premium price tag, this is currently one of our highest selling panels due to the outstanding performance, quality, and longevity – all backed by an extended 25-year warranty.
For personalised pricing, request a callback from the Solaray Team. We can go through the various price points with you to ensure you get the information you need before deciding on a system.
Solaray Energy Is a REC Certified Installer
The REC Certified Solar Professional Program was created with installers and customers in mind.
Through the REC installer certification program, solar installers are equipped with the know-how and best practices to install REC panels, which provides Solaray customers with an assurance that in addition to high-quality panels, they will receive a high-quality installation.
As a REC Certified Installer, all Solaray installations come with an extended 25-year panel warranty from REC Solar.
The Program is just one of the many REC initiatives to accelerate the expansion of solar and further empower households and businesses with green energy.
REC Solar Panel Review
REC’s iconic Twin panel design
- Award-winning design, pioneered by REC
- Panel split into two ‘Twin’ sections
- Reduces internal resistance for more power and reliability
- Continued energy production in shaded conditions means you see higher energy yields
Cutting Edge Heterojunction (HJT) Cell Technology
- No LID = no power loss; you get the power you pay for
- Leading temperature coefficient means more energy as temperature rises
- Higher power for greater savings and accelerated return on investment
- With high power density (watts/m²), REC Alpha panels generate more energy from the same area, getting more from limited spaces
- REC Alpha Series delivers around 20% more power on your roof compared to conventional panels
Advanced cell connection technology
- Increased number of wires greatly improves the flow of electric current
- Eliminating invasive soldering removes the risk of cell damage or microcracks for long-lasting high performance
- Stylish looks thanks to thin, barely-visible wires and uniformly black-coloured cells
- Solder-free cells
- Environmentally-friendly manufacturing drastically reduces carbon footprint
REC Alpha Pure Series: lead-free + higher power density
- REC Alpha Pure Series variant offers next-level power and greater environmental impact
- Innovative gapless cell layout uses the entire panel surface to generate power
- Highly impressive power density of 222 watts/m², with panel power reaching 405 Wp
- Lead-free* for less environmental impact
- Lead removed from all panel components, including cell connections, cross connectors and junction box soldering
- Seamless appearance, lead-free construction, and high power make it a compelling solar panel for rooftops
* ROHS compliant
REC Solar Panel Warranty
As a certified REC installer, Solaray services a 20+5 Year Product Warranty, plus a 25 Year Power Output Warranty (at 92% of the original output – an industry best).
This is a FULL 25-year product warranty (most panels only have a 10 year Product Warranty) meaning you can rely on the panels to keep performing for decades.
Also, if you sell your home, the warranty transfers to the new owner – good to know. More information on the REC warranty is available here.
REC Frequently Asked Questions
Where are REC Solar Panels Made? REC solar panels are manufactured in Singapore, helping them to avoid the supply chain issues that are being experienced by some Chinese solar companies recently.
Who owns REC Solar? REC was bought by the Norwegian company Elkem in 2015. Elkem is owned by the Chinese corporation Bluestar (also known as ChemChina). This gives REC the strong financial backing needed to compete in such a competitive industry.
Why did REC move to Asia? As the solar industry became more competitive, most large European solar manufacturers were forced to move their operations to Asia in order to compete with the Chinese giants. Norway has the benefit of ample hydropower, which makes it possible to produce high-quality silicon (REC still source their silicon from Norway), however, taxes and wages in the Northern Kingdom are very high.
Are REC Solar panels worth it? REC Alpha Pure panels are one of the best panels available in Australia. The vast majority of Solaray customers choose to go with a premium panel due to the very real difference in quality, reliability and longevity. This ultimately means more solar power in all weather conditions and more output over time. Good quality solar panels don’t degrade as quickly or as much as cheaper panels, and they are designed to last for decades unlike a lot of the cheaper panels that often stop working well before the 10-year mark.
For more information and pricing, talk to the Solaray Team today. We can help you find the right solution for your household without any pushy sales pressure.
What can I compare REC panels to? The REC Alpha Black panel is a top of the range panel, therefore, it can be compared to the LG NeON H+ panel or the best SunPower module.
At Solaray, we typically have 3 panels available to choose from – what we sometimes describe as ‘good, better, best.’ In this model, the REC Alpha Black is our ‘best’ panel, and for many years now the majority of our customers will choose the top of the range offering. With solar panels, you typically get what you pay for, and so it will normally make sense to pay a little extra upfront knowing your system is going to work as it should for decades to come.
|The Solaray Difference||’Cheap Solar’||All Solaray Systems||Solaray Smart Solar|
|Decades of reduced power bills||Unsure||Yes||Yes|
|Most efficient solar panels||No||Yes||Yes|
|Free technical support||No||Yes||Yes|
|Whole of system warranty||No||Yes||Yes|
|Free online monitoring||No||Yes||Yes|
|Back to base status alerts||No||Yes||Yes|
|Work with partially shaded sites||No||No||Yes|
|Panel-level system output||No||No||Yes|
Recent Solaray Installations Featuring Smarter, Safer Solar Technology
Rated Excellent By Over 1000 Solaray Customers!
Don't take our word for it. Find out what Solaray customers are saying about our installation standards and customer service:
Do you have a question?
Talk To A Smart Solar Expert
Request a call to get the information you need before installing a solar power system for your home or business – without the sales pressure.
We are here to help.