The sonnenBatterie Eco 8
Fully Installed, including pre-installation planning, full installation & connection, set up, post-install configuration and online monitoring. Solaray installers are highly qualified and experienced with the sonnenBatterie, we are the solar & storage experts.
Installation assumes standard meter board configuration and cabling, indoor installation, and within 80km from Sydney CBD. This battery does not include a solar power system or any electrical upgrades (if necessary). Three-phase model is an additional $400. Pricing includes GST. We will review the installation details once you have placed your order and if the installation will not be possible or it will be more expensive, we refund your deposit in full.
Offer applies to Sydney Metropolitan area only – call for a quotation outside this area.
Order your Sonnen home battery today and run your home on solar power during the evening.
- The right-sized storage for your home
- This system qualifies for sonnenFlat (see details below)
- Compatible with all existing solar systems
- Manufactured to the highest safety standards
- All cabling, switches, isolators and circuit breakers.
- An installation according to AS4777.
- Includes Online Configuration, System Monitoring and 12 months Tech Support provided by Solaray’s Online Support Team.
- 10 Year or 10,000 cycle product warranty from sonnen
- Solaray 10 Year Installation Workmanship Guarantee
Price is subject to installation design approval and may be subject to a site inspection
Your final pricing will be based on your electrical board, and where you’d like your sonnenBatterie installed. Typical installation cost ranges from $2,600 to $2,990. This battery does not include a solar power system or any electrical upgrades (if necessary). Three-phase model is an additional $400. Pricing includes GST.
- A Solaray Installation must be included with your battery
- This system qualifies for sonnenFlat, see below for further details.
- This deal does not include a solar power system
- Solaray Special: $500 deposit payable on order
Are you after more information about this system? Click below for more detailed information on the sonnenBatterie:
Product Brochure: sonnenBatterie
For more information please call the Solaray Team today on 1300 221 586.
Harvest cheaper energy to use later
sonnenBatterie eco allows you to engage in ‘rate arbitrage’ – storing energy when it is cheap and running your home off the battery when rates go up. The sonnenBatterie eco is the right choice for every home and every budget.
Gain energy autonomy
A sonnenBatterie eco integrated with solar panels allows your home to produce and store 100 % of the energy it uses – depending on climate and sun exposure – enabling your home to be energy self-sufficient.
Use solar energy at night
sonnenBatterie eco lets you enjoy the benefits of solar energy production 24-hours a day! Our integrated smart electronics manage energy use throughout the day, detecting when there’s excess power and storing it for use at night.
|Dimensions (H/W/D in cm)||Base cabinet: 70/64/22 | Dimensions 4 - 10kWh: 137/64/22 | Dimensions 4 - 16kWh: 184/64/22|
|Storage Size||2 kWh – 16 kWh (expandable in steps of 2 kWh)|
|Operating Mode||Single Phase or Three Phase|
|Lifespan||10000 charge cycles|
|Complete Storage System||Everything included - Ready to connect|
|System Intellgience||With the use of predictive charging you maximize your PV output|
How The sonnenBatterie Increases Your Energy Independence
The sonnenBatterie will store the surplus energy generated by your PV system in times when you don’t have any need for it. The stored energy from the daytime is then at your disposal in the evening and during the night.
But the sonnenBatterie is much more than just a battery, it’s an intelligent storage system that automatically adjusts the energy use so that most of your self-generated solar energy stays in your household.
At sunrise the solar panels start to produce energy, though not enough to cover the morning energy needs. The sonnenBatterie will bridge the gap with the stored energy from the previous day.
In the daytime the solar panels’ energy generation is at it’s peak. But since nobody is home the energy consumption is very low so that most of the generated energy is stored in the sonnenBatterie.
The highest daily energy consumption is in the evening when the solar panels produce little or no energy. The sonnenBatterie will cover the energy needs with the energy produced in the daytime.
Monitor your energy supply with the sonnenApp
With the sonnenApp, you’ll be able to check your energy usage and production – anytime and from anywhere.
Use the sonnenApp on your smartphone or tablet to connect to your sonnenBatterie via the internet and to monitor, analyse and control the supply and demand of your household.
This system may qualify for sonnenFlat
sonnenFlat is an invitation to a renewable energy community
With energy prices continuing to rise, households across Australia are taking matters into their own hands. sonnenFlat is an invitation to a self-sufficient energy-driven community where you can enjoy $0 cost of energy.
Instead of paying for electricity from an energy retailer such as AGL or Origin, you can now join the new sonnenFlat network and replace your power bills from as little as $30 a month. The network operates as a free exchange of power between all customers and is managed entirely by sonnen behind the scenes, with no disruption to your energy supply.
Each customer who signs up for sonnenFlat contributes towards the daily exchange of power through their home energy generation. Sonnen provides free electricity by leveraging the network. To understand how this works in practice, imagine sonnen as a central battery. sonnen charges this battery by collecting small incremental charges from each individual sonnenBatterie in the network. They then distribute this stored energy to customers who are not generating enough power for their individual needs at that time.
As a part of the ecosystem, your household becomes entirely self-sufficient through your contribution to the community.
How do I join sonnenFlat?
To qualify for sonnenFlat you must meet the following criteria:
- A new or existing solar system (any brand) with a minimum size of 5.0kW or higher
- A sonnenBatterie eco 8.8 (8kWh) or above
- Successfully register on the sonnen website after your installation
Below are the three sonnenFlat packages available in Australia.
The table below shows the minimum size solar system your home requires and the corresponding sized sonnenBatterie.
Depending on which tier you allocate to will determine your yearly flat fee.
Note: sonnenFlat spaces are limited to the first 2,000 customers and rates may increase thereafter. Be quick to secure these prices while they last.
|sonnenFlat 8||sonnenFlat 10||sonnenFlat 12|
|Minimum solar (kW)||5.0||7.5||10.0|
|Consumption allowance in kWh||7500||10000||12500|
How to Order This System
Ordering a solar system with Solaray Energy is quick and easy.
- Simply select any optional extras that you require, confirm the details of your system and then order your system online. You will receive an Order Acknowledgement confirming the details of your system for review. If you have any questions please call 1300 221 586.
- Pay your deposit to confirm your order.
- Our installation coordinator will be in touch to confirm your details and the installation process.
- The installation will generally take less than one day for the system to be installed. The balance of the payment is due on or before the day of installation.
- We handle all the paperwork and will provide you with all you need to ensure you know how your system is operating.
If there are any issues that prevent us from installing your system before the day of the installation we will contact you and refund your deposit.
Offer applies to Sydney Metropolitan area only – call for quotation outside this area.