The All-In-One Smart Home Energy System
A Smart Home Energy System makes your life easier – and saves you money. It combines solar, storage, EVs, and software that tracks your production and consumption: an all-in-one system that maximises your energy savings while you’re busy living your life.
There are 4 main components of a smart home energy system:
- A Smart Home Energy System starts with solar power. Now that solar panels are so efficient, it is possible to generate enough electricity to power your households entire 24-hour energy consumption.
- Next, we add in battery storage. Battery storage captures any excess solar power that isn’t used during the day. You can then use this to run your home in the evening after the sun has gone down.
- A smart solar system comes with great energy management that is built to work with continuous, seamless communication. It’s a fully integrated system that’s far more than solar – it’s a connected home.
- Finally, to complete the all-electric lifestyle we add an electric car – or two!
A Smart Home Energy System Starts On The Roof
Installing a smart solar system is the first piece of the puzzle. We want to install a system for you that generates enough electricity to power your home 24 hours a day, plus cover any increase in energy consumption that may occur now that electricity is so cheap! Typically we will recommend a system that is at least 10kW, however, each home is different.
A smart solar system comes with a number of key benefits to ensure your system is smart, future proof and safe.
- Panel-level solar output for maximum performance in all weather conditions
- Fire-safe technology called rapid shutdown that deactivates your panels in the case of a fault
- No dangerous high-voltage DC power running from the panels to the inverter. This eliminates the chance of an arc fault, the main cause of solar panel fires in standard systems
- Back to base status alerts that help minimise downtime – you will be notified if something goes wrong
- Advanced system monitoring, plus consumption monitoring so that you can keep an eye on how much power you are using in the home
- No single point of failure. If one panel needs servicing, the rest of the system remains operational
- Easily expandable & future proof
A Smart Home Battery Storage With Energy Management Is The Game Changer:
Evergen Intelligent Control Software optimises your solar & storage system to save you an additional 26.4%* on average on your power bills. Evergen can further reduce your power bill using an advanced algorithm that includes 42 different data points:
Weather Forecast: Evergen predicts your solar output to ensure your battery is adequately charged during wet weather.
Your usage patterns: Over time Evergen uses machine learning to predict how much power you use, and when. For example, if you need more power on certain evenings, Evergen will make sure your battery is fully charged for when you need it.
Tariff Awareness: If you are on time-of-use tariffs, Evergen will make sure you use as little grid power as possible during the peak billing period. It can even charge your battery overnight during the off-peak tariff if you need it or if wet weather is forecast for the coming days.
System Health: You no longer need to worry about the performance of your system. Evergen not only keeps track of system performance, it actively works to maximise the performance and longevity of your battery.
Intelligence data is also available through the app such as how much money you are saving and your solar generation. Daily monitoring by Evergen helps you to:
- Save even more from your solar generation
- Store and resell excess energy generated by your solar panels
- Use your solar energy even when the sun goes down
- Keep the power on even during a blackout with backup power
- Participate in a Virtual Power Plant and earn money from your excess energy (optional)
The Benefits Of A Smart Home Energy System
Paying a power bill each quarter can now be a thing of the past. Many Solaray customers have installed a system designed to completely replace their power bill with smart solar and battery storage.
But the benefit of a Smart Home Energy System isn’t just limited to the power bill:
Effortlessly reduce your carbon footprint: The Australian grid is predominately powered by coal and gas. By generating your own solar power you are taking tens of thousands of dollars off the books of the fossil fuel industry and significantly reducing your household’s carbon footprint
Backup your home in the case of a blackout: Tesla Powerwall Home Battery Storage allows you to have backup power during a blackout. We have had customers save thousands of dollars in damages over the last few years due to a number of extended blackouts in Sydney. From fish tanks to freezers and of course now the home office, a modern lifestyle needs the power to be on 24 hours a day. With a Smart Home Energy System, this is now possible.
Forget about rising power prices: Electricity prices in Australia have increased at eyewatering rates since the 80’s, and unfortunately, it doesn’t look like slowing down anytime soon. Some of our happiest customers are the ones who can once again afford to run the air conditioner on a hot day, or can finally stop arguments about the lights being left on.
Forget about rising petrol prices: Making the switch to an electric car and driving past petrol stations without a 2nd thought is an incredible feeling. Petrol prices are tipped to increase significantly in the future as the oil price creeps back up to triple digits. Whether or not this happens isn’t a concern once you’re driving an electric car, and the fact that you can charge your EV on excess solar power makes things even sweeter.
Take back control of your power: installing a Smart Home Energy System puts the power back in your hands. You could choose to turn on appliances to improve your lifestyle such as the air conditioner or perhaps the spa, or you could choose to send excess solar power back to the grid at times when the price is right. Perhaps you decide to power the EV with that additional power, or you could sign up to a PPA agreement where you give permission to a 3rd party to access your battery during peak periods when the grid needs extra power such as on hot afternoons in the middle of summer.
Find Out More
How Many Solar Panels Do You Need To Charge An Electric Car?
The Electric Vehicle revolution is upon us, powered by solar panels. Batteries are continuing to increase in efficiency and decline in cost, and the people are becoming increasingly more environmentally conscious.
For many people who have yet to take the plunge and invest in solar, one of the burning questions we often get is around the number of solar panels they will need to charge an electric car. People want to strike a balance between efficiently powering their homes, keeping their batteries topped up, and ensuring their electric car has enough charge to get them around town.
How much money can I save with Evergen’s Intelligent Control?
Evergen software was developed in partnership with the CSIRO and connects to your solar and battery. Using a cloud-based algorithm, this energy intelligence uses up-to-the-minute data to optimise your system’s performance.
By taking 42 separate factors into account such as the weather forecast, the electricity demand profile of the premise, the tariff structure and battery characteristics (to name a few), Evergen will maximise the benefit of your system.
Tesla Powerwall Home Battery: A Fictional Review Based On Customer Feedback
Doing our part for the environment has always been important to our family, and it was that line of thinking that led to us getting solar panels installed a few years back. Since then, we’ve reaped the financial rewards of switching over to solar and recently began exploring ways to stretch our savings even further. A few friends of ours recently got solar batteries put in along with their solar installation and they have been raving about them.
After exploring the minefield of options online and getting feedback from friends who recently took the plunge, we finally decided on the Tesla Powerwall 2. Since the install, we’ve seen our reliance on the grid decline and the amount of cash left in our back pockets grow.
I’ll talk you through a review of Tesla Powerwall 2 and a few of the key benefits I’ve found since we got it installed.
The NSW Rebate On Electric Cars & What It Means For Solar Households
The NSW government has announced that stamp duty will be abolished on electric vehicles, plus there will be a $3000 rebate to the first 25,000 EVs sold in NSW as part of an exciting $500 million plan to increase the uptake of battery-powered cars.
Stamp duty will be removed from electric vehicles that cost less than $78,000 by September this year, and a $3000 rebate given to the first 25,000 vehicles sold in NSW for under $68,000.
Install A Smart Home Energy System With Solaray
Request a solar power quote from the leading solar power installer in Australia. Our Smart Solar Systems includes:
- Premium solar panels for maximum performance
- Home Battery Storage With Advanced Energy Management
- Free system monitoring for the life of your system
- Technical support
- Full-service warranties
- Solaray’s famous hassle-free installation service – it’s why we have one of the highest customer feedback scores in the industry
Smart Solar Sale On Now. Request A Solaray Quote Today:
Request A Solaray Quote Today:
Solaray Are Recognised By The Industry’s Best Solar Companies
Why Solaray Are The Leading Installer Of Smart Home Energy Systems In Australia:
- No high-pressure sales, just great advice. Our experts will provide you with all the information you need to find the perfect system for your home or business.
- Talk with real people on your terms. Whether you prefer a phone call, a home visit or an email, we are here to help.
- High-quality products. Solaray only works with the best products available to maximise output, reliability and longevity.
- Solar that looks as good as it performs. Scroll down to see some of our install pics – from neat cabling to perfect rows of panels, we want your solar system to look amazing
- Industry-leading install standards. In over 10 years we have never had to remove or replace a system because it wasn’t working.
- Fast & friendly customer support. Our support team is local (no call centres) and the best in the business. All Solaray installations come with full technical support and warranty service. In the unlikely event that there is a problem – we always fix it. This level of service is something almost no other solar installer offers and it is why we are awarded by the world’s leading solar companies as the best installer in Australia, year after year.
- All of this at the most competitive pricing available in the industry!
Industry-Leading Installation Standards
From neat cabling to perfectly straight rows of panels, our systems are designed & installed to look great, save you money, reduce your carbon footprint, and to stand the test of time.
We Can Help You Eliminate Your Power Bills With Solar Power & Storage
How To Eliminate Your Power Bill With Solar
The average-sized solar system we are currently installing is around 10kW, both with and without battery storage. This is resulting in many of our customers completely eliminating their power bills.
Some of the main reasons why so many people are installing larger systems include:
- The price of solar panels is at a record-low (this also means most people are now choosing good quality panels, thankfully).
- Many people will have an electric or hybrid car within the life of the solar system
- Energy prices are some of the most expensive in the world, and yet they continue to increase
- Battery storage has arrived
- And… there are some really good feed-in tariffs available from the energy retailers at the moment